Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Access Kanopy through the icon link on Launchpad. You do not need to sign-up or login to search for or stream titles, but you will need to create an account if you want to use additional features like creating clips or making a playlist.
Kanopy provides the citation formats for videos directly below the video playing window. Just click on the 'more' link, select 'citations', choose the appropriate style, and copy and paste to your desired location.
Always doublecheck with your instructor to make sure you are citing according to their preferences.
Also consult with Newkirk Learning Commons staff or citation style guides such as the "MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers," and the "APA Publication Manual," for more information on citing your sources.
What is Kanopy?
Kanopy is an online collection of high quality, educational videos made available through Newkirk Learning Commons to the faculty, staff and students at Dunwoody College of Technology.
- Web-based interface that's accessible 24/7, on- and off-campus
- Nearly 20,000 titles from top notch producers such as PBS, BBC, Meridian, National Geographic and more!
- Easy-to-search collection via keyword searches or browsing subject categories
- Viewable in the classroom or for presentations
- Share links through email or integrate into Canvas
- Combine clips from different videos to create a customized viewing experience
- Streaming technology allows users to watch videos on their computers via an Internet connection.
- Multiple users can simultaneously view the same video at different locations.
- Works best when you have a robust, high-speed Internet connection.
- You can find detailed information about the technical requirements on the right sidebar, "Online Help."
Smoothest, Quality Performance
- To get a smooth, quality performance without lags and delay, start playing a video and then hit the pause button to allow the video to load into the buffer for a couple of minutes.
- The video downloading in the background will stay several minutes ahead of what is playing and will run more smoothly.